Visual content is building digital stories that connect with people on an emotional level. Using a multifaceted approach that appeals on a deep, psychological level is more personable and provides incentive for people to trust your company.
Or, is it just that people like looking at pretty pictures?
No, it’s much more. It’s proven that visual content marketing works, and works aggressively, increasing conversion rates by 50%. Some companies have figured this out, and some are falling behind. Don’t let yourself fall into a stagnant pattern of outdated marketing practices.
We’re warning you now… visual content will be the top digital marketing trend in 2016. But, it’s more than just a trend. Quality visual content can increase your traffic, social media shares, ROI, and conversions. It is what the music video was to the 80s or what Microsoft was to the 90s.
1) Researchers found that coloured visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
2) 65% of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated.
3) Content with images gets 94% more views than content without.
VIDEO HELPED THE INTERNET STAR
1) 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
2) Shoppers who view video are 2X more likely to purchase.
3) Using the word video in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
4) Midway through 2015, mobile video plays exceeded 44% up 74% from 2014 and up a whopping 844% since 2012.
5) Between April 2015 and November 2015, the amount of average daily video views on Facebook doubled from 4 billion video views per day to 8 billion.
6) Visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
SOCIAL MEDIA TAKEOVER
1) Facebook has 1.55 billion active users each month.
2) The average engagement per Instagram post has grown by 416% over 2 years.
3) 52% of teens use Instagram, and 41% use Snapchat.
4) Snapchat has 100 million daily users, and 65% of them upload photos.
5) Twitter serves 304 million active monthly users.
6) Women continue to dominate Pinterest: 44% of online women use Pinterest compared with 16% of online men.
7) 88% of consumers have purchased a product they pinned, and 49% have purchased 5 or more products they’ve pinned.
Still don’t believe us? Well here’s a handy infographic to explain it in even more depth.
And you know you want to look at it… because it’s stimulating visual content.
See what we did there.
Credit: Digital Marketing Philippines
Follow us for more digital marketing tips and tricks!