Contact us now to Learn More!
Why Hire North Studio’s Virtual CIO’s?
- Eliminate frustrating talent searches
- Quick to get to work on your problems
- Strong network of talented consultants
- Years of experience at a fraction of the cost
- Keep your team productive
- Identify and plan for future environments
- Determine the right tools for the right job
- Compliance Management Reviews HIPAA, FISMA, PCI
- Security & Intrusion planning
- Disaster recovery planning and analysis
Virtual Chief Information Architect Overview
Not every business can expect to be technical experts, but every business can expect that in the modern information age, they need a strong technical stack to compete. For your business to succeed, you need to focus on your primary mission, not get lost inthe ever growing quagmire that is Information Technology.
North Studio integrates with your executive team to understand your business objectives in order to provide technical solutions that give you real advantages. We’ll help you navigate the world ofIT with proven solutions and a strong network of talented consultants. Our battle tested technical experts brings years of experience to the table at a fraction of the cost of a full time CIO or IT department.
Full Stack Developers, System Administrators, Technical Writers, Security Experts and Designers
We’ve spent years building out strong networks of developers, system administrators, technical writers, security experts and designers. We’ve already taken the time to vet our vendors and worked with them to ensure a quality product, which can be translated directly to your business needs.
Digital Strategy Your web presence is how you reach your audience. This is how people know about your business, and as such, your most effective advertising venue. We’ll help you evaluate where your audience is and which venues give you the largest impact for your dollar and turn your money into conversions. We have established relationships with content writers, photographers, designers, social media mavens, Search Engine Optimization experts and web development pros.
Security The threat of outside intruders is more real every day and liabilities are getting more and more costly. With recent attacks on major institutions, such as Target, Equifax, and the US Office of Personnel Management it’s dangerous out there. Pulling from years of experience that include the White House and the US Navy Red Team, we bring in heavy hitters to develop security policies that protect your company’s data and allows your team to get their jobs done.
Service Monitoring When a system goes down, your team needs a response right away. Continuous monitoring solutions can range from a quick Zabbix monitor, to a fully committed 24-hour Network Operations Center. Nobody wants their systems to go down, but real-time response is critical for when things don’t quite go as planned.
Disaster Recovery Planning What is your backup strategy? Has it been tested? Where is your valuable data stored? We can work with your organization to build out and test a fully compliant strategy for backing up your servers, data, and all of your hard work, as well as create a planto re-implement in a safe and timely manner to get your business back up and running.
Why have a VCIO?
The cost of a failed or even severely delayed IT project can drastically alter the anticipated bottom line of any business, and can seriously jeopardize the long-term viability of the overall business model. Significant setbacks can also lead to re-scoping mid-way through a project and other unforeseen delays, which can encompass more than the resources available to complete digital projects.
- More than 1 in 6 IT projects end up overrunning the original estimated cost by over 200% or more and a timeline that ends up 70% greater than originally planned.
- More than 50% of all IT projects fail. Of that 50%, nearly 80% fail due to lack of planning and unforeseen preventable technical setbacks as a primary cause
- The US economy loses an estimated $50-150 billion per year on failed IT projects
- 3 out of 4 business and IT executives anticipate their software projects will fail nearly halfway through the implementation
The 2017 Cost of Data Breach Study from the Ponemon Institute, sponsored by IBM, puts the global average cost at $141 per data record
Working with us as a Virtual CIO partnership
We have talent that spans the globe and has accumulated hundreds of thousands of hours of development experience across a wide range of industries.
We can help you weigh the risks associated with your next digital initiative, work with stakeholders to make sure your strategic business goals align with your digital initiatives, and avoid oversights in planning that can occur without an experienced Solutions Architect.
We do Web, Period.
We have experience across a wide range of technologies that expand far outside of open-source web systems. This include proprietary systems like Salesforce, mobile applications, Microsoft-based products (.NET, etc.), Oracle-based products, countless integrations, security infrastructure planning, system audits, and a wide range of other services. This also includes systems that work directly with the Amazon Alexa API to allow customers to interact with your business in ways you may have never considered possible.
Success Stories at a Glance
Our previous VCIO clients include Best Buy, The Carlyle Group, Expedia, Lethbridge College, and Sony Entertainment, to name a few. Here are some of greatest successes that have been a result of our certified VCIO professionals work with our clients:
- Overall, projects that utilize the Virtual CIO option at North Studio have performed at a rate of 18% increased project velocity over initial projects, a delivery that beats initial budget estimates by 22.3%. Our most successful client saved in excess of over $38,000 per year.
- We have successfully identified over 145 critical, previously unknown security intrusions and exploits via our audits, 34 of which were considered catastrophic data breaches that were serious legal liabilities worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to mitigate if exploited.
- Our risk mitigation analysis processes have captured over 750 risk items, of which 150 were considered certain and catastrophic, meaning they would have inevitably impacted the project timeline and deliverables had they not been caught and cost in excess of $10,000 per item.
We’re here to scale to your needs by providing top executive talent. This means that there are no bills to maintain when you aren’t using our service, and as your business grows, we can be there to provide as much input as is required.
Initially, we would work to integrate with your management team, identify any campaigns, and provide proposals for proceeding with required work. We align your IT deliverables with your business initiatives and campaigns, ensuring that your IT projects are completed on-time, subbsequently improving your long-term audience engagement.
Recruit the Best
Recruiting for high-level positions in an organization can be a lengthy and expensive affair. During that time, you still need to make strategic decisions about the ways you use technology to advance your business goals.
A virtual CIO can step in relatively quickly and begin covering this essential area. Whether you need expert advice on a large project that is underway or you want someone in that role consistently, this service offers that flexibility.
Work with More than one CIO
You also have the option of working with more than one virtual CIO. You can put together a team for handling around-the-clock coverage of the role, which is particularly useful for businesses that span the globe. If you need a decision-maker at times that don’t coincide with your typical work day, a virtual CIO can be a lifesaver.
Avoid Politics and Biases
Another benefit to bringing in someone who operates outside of your company is avoiding office politics and biases. The objective perspective can be useful for evaluating new ideas and projects.
VCIO Setup and Strategic Positioning
Strategic Assessments vs Execution
Below is an illustration of a core subset of solutions we provide throughout the VCIO experience & partnership. While rare to see an organization adopt all of the above components, we take the time initially to work through which fundamental pieces would be relevant and beneficial for your particular situation.
While 70% of the VCIO package entails strategic analysis, insights, and reports to take a more broader-stroke approach to the long-term success of your business, 30% typically tends to encompass an execution that is razor sharp with a development team that is now poised to streamline your digital game plan
Furthermore, we work to gradually refine your ideas and stakeholder initiatives into a cohesive plan that may include a multi-phase approach, building sites in parallel, and reviewing software applications that may span a multitude of systems, streamlining your user experience.
Key Deliverables of Virtual CIO & Popular Requested Options
To complement the array of possible options in the diagram above, we tend to see a familiar path that our partners follow, which are outlined below:
- Risk mitigation and analysis prior to implementation
- Comprehensive software design document (SDD) and/or Full Audit that will document your current setup on an Enterprise Level and create a blueprint for your next web presence.
- Designing how your systems will scale continuously and how your internal business infrastructure may change as a result of decisions you make prior to implementation.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Authentication planning
- Constituent Management Software (CMS) support and analysis
- Timeline alignment and deliverables tracking
- E-commerce planning, inventory management, and enterprise e-commerce
- Enterprise system architecture planning
- Open-source and full stack migrations, upgrades, and analysis of upgrade implications
- System scalability and long-term strategic architectural IT planning
- Risk analysis and assessment with comprehensive comparison metrics
- Review of available options for system integrations
Actual deliverables may vary based on initial assessments and discussions
We work cosely with our partners, so that you always know your development and project team. Our work is always 100% transparent. Our partners always have access to our ticketing systems, project artifacts, and repositories. No more outsourced projects that lack visibility, communication, or understanding of your business goals.
A Few Extras
We are continually pushing the boudaries with th headway we are making in the global Virtual CIO community. As part of being on the forefront with this offering, we take steps to ensure that we are 1-2 steps of everyone else. This means:
- We record meetings and capture detailed discussion with our team, with full transparency and accessibility into our workflow and planning processes
- pre-purchased hours to never expire
- 24/7 communication channels and accessibility, including dedicated project managers, developers, UI/UX experts to ensure you receive comprehensive support, regardless of your digital platform
- Unlimited requests for IT-planning deliverables, analysis, and assessments that are always customized to your key business goals and requirements
The Cost-Effectiveness of a Virtual CIO
Improve Cost Effectiveness
Small and medium-sized businesses can often benefit from someone in the CIO position, but they rarely have the resources to bring one onboard. A virtual CIO addresses this solution by offering several ways to improve the cost-effectiveness.
Virtual CIO On-Demand
You can get a virtual CIO on-demand, rather than paying someone for time that they’re not spending on critical decision-making. You don’t always need the strategic oversight of the CIO, so the potential for cost savings is significant when you only pay for what you need.
Huge Cost Savings – Only when you need a CIO
Another way virtual CIO services can reduce your expenses is by making the position part-time. A full-time, on-site CIO can command a six-figure income plus benefits. A part-time CIO who works remotely doesn’t require the same financial outlay.
|WORKING WITH NORTH STUDIO||From beginning to end we take you step-by-step with North Studio's 20 years experience guiding the process to deliver the most competitve, trasformative experiences for your business, University/College, Fortune 100/500 or Non Profit. We have you covered.|
WORKING WITH NORTH STUDIO
From beginning to end we take you step-by-step with North Studio's 20 years experience guiding the process to deliver the most competitve, trasformative experiences for your business, University/College, Fortune 100/500 or Non Profit. We have you covered.
Competitive Rates & Project Quotes
Highly adept teams to scope, estimate, and architect your solution. Competitive rates and project quotes.
Reliable, Rapid & Renowned Delivery
Using agile methodology, always keeping you in the loop. Streamlined delivery, cost effective projects, designed to match your goals, timeline and budget.
Expert Web Designers & Developers
We have been designing and developing websites and web applications since 1998. Our experts are trained, certified and experienced across a variety of website platforms.
Transparent, Collaborative, Communicative
Complete project visibility, working with you to shape the right delivery method and custom solution. Email, phone, slack, Google Hangout communication.
Customer Satisfaction, Our Top Priority
Dedicated account manager, project manager and consistent delivery team provided. We get to know our clients and treat you like family
The North Studio Advantage - Open Source Technology Development
The North Studio Advantage Open Source Technology Development
- Full Stack Development Teams
- Agile web design and development methodology
- Competitive rates for web design and development talent
- Cross-functional team of 85+ experts based in US, Canada & the UK
- In-house, front-end experts, Business Analysts, UX/UI Specialists & Designers,
Security Engineers, and Support and Maintenance Staff
- Project Managers you can call. They pick up their phones to assist you
- Mature support Staff, Systems and Technologies to handle any size project
- Over 20 years in business working with over 1000 clients
- Friendly, open, communicative and collaborative way of working with clients
- Proven track record of successful web design and development project delivery
- Rigorous quality assurance (QA) testing before “Go-Live”
- Shorter development times translating to lower costs
- Unparalleled open technology expertise and experience
- In-House tech training department to assist your staff, business or internal team
Contact us today to find out how we can support your needs. Real people will talk to you
Get In Touch & Get Started Today. We're ready. Our team of Open Source experts can design, build and deploy an innovative and flexible solution, which is both fully scalable and highly secure, able to grow and meet your company's future business, technology and user needs. If you are looking for Open Source Software consultation, strategy, design, development, support or security, look no further. Contact us today and request a quote by filling out our form, emailing us directly or calling our toll Free Number.