North Studio is an industry leader in WordPress site development, the most popular CMS on the market!
Originally built as a blog-based CMS, WordPress has transformed into a multi-purpose website management system that is plugin derived. The ease of installation and user-friendly administration make it a popular choice for open source development, particularly for brochure style sites.
While Open Source and free to an extent, WordPress is in fact older than both Twitter and Facebook, and considered the most used CMS in the world. While its got its limitations and borders to the sandbox you can play in, it boasts 68+ languages, has more than 1.48 BILLION plugin downloads, and powers over 75 million sites on the web. If you’re considering a switch, or a new WordPress installation, best to give us a shout and chat with us about security and customizations though. It’s worth knowing a few pitfalls before making the leap.
Benefits of WordPress
- Short implementation cycles and faster time-to-market than most CMS tools
- User-friendly administration
- Plugin system for fast site expansion
- Allows for integration with virtually any API
- Social Media integration-friendly
- Cost-effective solution for content management
- High search ranks and inherently SEO compatible
- Automated Plugin update system
- Easy content syndication options
- Quick installation and setup process
- Robust user and developer community
Other Dev solutions
How do I know if WordPress is the right choice for YOU?
WordPress is an ideal choice for organizations that have resource constraints and little to no complex integrations associated with both the long term and short term vision for the organization’s digital strategy. It is also an ideal option for organizations that want to focus on management strategies for high volume, limited complexity data and content.
Still unsure if WordPress is the right choice for you? We would love to help you work through a solution – get in touch!